I didn't manage to get an after picture, but I do have a list of super simple meals that should make up for my lack of picture taking and sharing.
To add to the fun of moving 3 kiddos and a house full of stuff, we are completely renovating our new house. During the renovation, we will be staying in the home of some very gracious friends. I compiled a list of dinners that are good, a cinch to prepare and won't give us stomach cancer (we hope):
- sandwiches (I have a very large batch of soaked wheat bread in the freezer and plan to keep nitrate free lunch meat on hand)
- roast in the crockpot
- rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods and veggies
- frozen pizza (my man likes Tony's Pizza, and you know what, I heard that Sally Fallon Morrell does, too! Okay, I made that up. Well, not the part about my man. He could live on Tony's.)
- organic premade soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
- black bean and cheese quesadillas, chips, salsa
- hamburgers and oven fries (I slice taters into fry shaped pieces, douse in butter, salt and pepper and bake at 425 for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes)
- cheese nachos (real cheese, not velveeta, I promise!! sort of. 80/20 right??)
- baked fish and baked potatoes
- baked chicken breasts and mac and cheese (my kiddos love Annie's Organic mac and cheese even though I make the yummiest homemade mac and cheese!!)
- crustless quiche (quiche don't need no crust. Try it. Trust me.)
- Fettucine Carbonara (kind of like this)
It is my hope that the above list will keep us all fed and happy over the next month or so. Well, the above list plus Chick-Fil-A and Larry's Pizza. Happy Eating!!