Apr 29, 2013

Oven Risotto

For many reasons, it is a special time when babies are born.  When my third child was born (almost 4 months ago!) someone brought us this meal.  It is delicious!  After emailing it to several of my close pals, I decided to post it here.


2 T butter
2.5 c chicken broth
1 c uncooked Arbrio Rice
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 t salt (or more if using homemade broth)
1/2 c baby bella mushrooms, chopped (I used the entire package)
2 c (or more) chopped cooked chicken (use a deli chicken to save time)
1-2 c shredded mozzarella
1 c (or more) cherry tomatoes, halved (I bought & used entire package)
1/4 c shredded basil or 4 heaping Tablespoons of pesto (I used pesto)

To prepare:
add broth and butter to 9x13 pan, stick in oven then
Preheat oven to 400
once hot, stir in next 4 ingredients (and pesto if using it).
Bake, covered for 35 minutes.  Remove from oven and fluff with fork.  Stir in chicken, cheese, tomatoes and basil (if not using pesto).

I like to cover again for 5 minutes so that tomatoes wilt a bit.

I've had this with basil and pesto and I think the pesto version is my favorite.
-Julie

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails