Feb 3, 2011

Homemade Creole Seasoning

A friend emailed me to say she doesn't buy creole seasoning for Red Beans and Rice.  (I gave her the recipe a few months ago.)  She makes her own seasoning:

She wrote:
Saw your famous Red Beans and Rice on the docket this morning.  I have been using Emeril’s Essence in this, which I make up at home for the Creole Seasoning.  From what I understand it is his twist on Creole.  I love this stuff on many things!  I do scrambled eggs with onions, bell peppers, and Emeril’s Essence for a treat now and then.  Here is the recipe, if you aren’t familiar with it:


Ingredients
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Directions
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.

-Julie

share facebook tweet

1 comment:

  1. I make this seasoning blend also. We love it on lamb, in soup and othe things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails