Nov 20, 2010

Linky Love

Looking for real food to take to a party?  I like spinach balls.  If you're staying near a freezer, these Peppermint Pattie Coconut Bark (and Almond Joy version) are always a crowd pleaser.  Not to mention you can sneak in some healthy coconut oil.

Video:  How to Make Gravy the Traditional Way

While not all real food, there are some good holiday recipes found at A Year of Slow Cooking (Crock-Pot).

Get more bone broth in your family by making nutritious soup.  Feeling under the weather?  Make a Simple Chicken Noodle SoupButternut squash soup is one of my fall favorites. This week I'm making Garam Masala Lentil with Coconut Milk Soup with broth instead of water - YUMMO.

I want to try this: Cider Braised Kale with Cherries.

For Thanksgiving this year, I'm going to my parents' house.  Last year Hubby and I hosted college students and here's how I decorated the tables and the menu - fun and frugally.

Gardening: think about building a cold frame now for spring seedlings.

-Julie
(I'm writting less because our house was broken into and the computer stolen.  I'm using Hubby's computer when I can.)

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails