Aug 30, 2011

Batch Cooking: I'm Ready

The fun begins at 2pm, we want to finish before the WAPF meeting at 6pm.  We'll start cooking in less than 3 hours from now.

HB just sent an email saying she was bringing:

- all the recipes so we don't have to refer to the computer
- 2 very big mixing bowls, 2 and 4 cup measuring bowls, ladels, large stirring spoons
- my 1/2 of the chicken, chicken broth and all the beef broth we will need
- prepared beef and sauce for beef tips
- onions and mushrooms cooked for bourginon
- my huge stock pot
- tortillas

Yesterday I cooked and shredded my chicken and made the pesto.

Today, I chopped the onions, carrots and celery in my food processor with the slicer blade shown below.  FYI: 8 cups of celery is about 2 bunches, and about 2 pounds of carrots make 8 cups.
My onions were all sizes, I bought 25 pounds at the farmers market a few weeks ago.  I have no idea how many pounds make 8 cups.
I've cubed my 6 pounds of round steak for stew meat.  Unfortunately I realized after thawing it that it has been tenderized.  This will make the recipe a bit different.  I hope not bad.
And soaked and cooked 6 cups of brown rice.
I just need to run my dishwasher so that we can start cooking with it empty.

I hope I'm ready!!

-Julie

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails