May 18, 2010

Linky Love

 - If you suspect ADHD in your child, consider purchasing more organic foods, according to this AP article.  Here's a wallet guide (or iPhone app) to help you know which foods are most contaminated.

 - Time reports that eating processed meat (cold cuts, sausage, bacon, hot dogs) increases the risk of heart disease by 42% and type 2 diabetes by 19%.

 - The Nourished Kitchen is starting a 12-week on-line real food cooking class in two weeks on June 1.  This would be a good investment of time and money if you're serious about learning more about eating well.

 - Not ready to start an e-course in two weeks, but are interested?  Kelly the Kitchen Kop is teaching a course at the end of summer.  The Nourishing Gourmet is also starting a class (time to be determined) with the focus on real food on a realistic budget.

 - Dionelle, at Naturally Knocked Up, wrote this week about making her own deodorant as well as toothpaste.

share facebook tweet

2 comments:

  1. Great links from Naturally Knocked Up. I switched to just patting baking soda on my damp armpits quite awhile ago. I was amazed that it managed odor much better than the conventional deoderants I had been using - and non-toxic too! Since I've been using it, it seems my body doesn't produce as much odor - maybe less toxins to expel due to better eating as well as no chemical deoderants. I've been looking for a good toothpaste recipe. I'm going to try this one. Thanks, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails