Jul 22, 2011

Nutrition and Learning: Searcy Homeschool Convention 2011

This May I had the priviledge of speaking at the Education Alliance Homeschool Convention in Searcy, Arkansas. My session was well attended by a very attentive audience. In addition to the workshop, our local chapter had a booth in the vendors' hall which was managed by Jamie Latture of Freckle-Face farm. She had a number of enthusiastic Weston A. Price Foundation volunteers from the Searcy area who passed out materials and talked to the steady stream of visitors to our booth.

The topic of my session was "Nutrition and Learning" which is a subject of great interest to me as an educator who coaches struggling learners.


I introduced WAPF dietary principles and went over a number of brain-essential nutrients that come from Real Food. I touched on various studies showing how important these nutrients are to learning.

If you are interested in hearing the presentation I gave, you can purchase a CD for $8 or an MP3 download for $4 from Best Christian Conferences. My session is under "Friday session 4".
- LISA

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails