May 21, 2013

Lara, Power, Energy Bars of Goodness

My husband really likes to exercise (freak).  The last nine months or so he's been cycling and finding that he needs a source of nutrition on the longer rides.  Last week he asked if I could make some energy bars.

Big mistake.

These things are so yummy in my tummy.  I could eat the whole pan.  It is taking every ounce of self control that I can muster not to polish them off before he gets home from work.

There are a bajillion recipes out there.  I started by looking at a few then scoured my pantry for goods on hand and this is the recipe for today.

In a food processor, put everything in at once:

1 cup dates 
1/2 cup craisins
3/4 cup almonds
1/4-1/2 cup walnuts
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
3/4 t  sea salt (really, to taste - my man wanted them saltier because he needs the electrolytes on the longer rides)

Give it all a whirl until it looks like it will stick together.  Line 8x8 pan with parchment or wax paper then press mixture into the pan and refrigerate. 

At room temperature it is a bit crumbly.  I'm wondering how this snack will transport.  Rolling the goodness into a ball might be a better option.

You have been warned, though.  These are serious good.

-Julie

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails