However, you may not know about a year-round, on-line farmers market option. One option will deliver to your work place if you work at Blue Cross Blue Shield, UAMS, UALR, and ABC Financial Services.
If you are not in the practice of buying locally grown food (or, you buy all your food at a store), take a baby step this week. Look at an on-line market that works with your schedule. Order something. May I recommend pastured eggs? They are a bit more expensive than their grocery store competitors but are packed with so much more goodness! Read this post I wrote comparing eggs. Pastured eggs are an inexpensive form of quality protein. And did you know - eggs at the grocery store can be up to three months old?!
On-line Farmers Markets
- downtown Little Rock - Saturday pick up 10am-noon order here.
- downtown Little Rock - Wednesday pick up 4:30-6pm order here.
- Around Little Rock - Wednesdays delivered to these work places: Blue Cross Blue Shield, UAMS, UALR, and ABC Financial Services. If you are not affiliated with any of these businesses, you can also place an order for pick up at Eggshells in the Heights or the Kitchen Co. in Pleasant Ridge, WLR. Order here.
- Conway - Friday pick up 4-6pm order here.
- Russellville - Thursday pick up 4-6pm order here.