May 7, 2011

Farmers Market Fun

Sheldon & Joy
It's a BIG deal when I bring home soda; it rarely happens. Last week I stopped to talk with Sheldon Sturtevant of Cedar Rock Acres about his sold-out homemade soda at the Argenta Farmers Market.  He and his wife, Joy, make it from strawberries grown on their farm.  Currently they are selling strawberries and many kinds of jams.  In the summer you'll find veggies at their booth. This week I got to the market before they sold out of soda.  My six-year old was beyond excited.
this is his excited look


After taking the Sturtevant's picture, Sheldon handed me his card.  I thought his slogan was quite witty: If you don't get it local, you just don't get it.
Also at Argenta - for the first time this week - was Indian Bayou Milling Co.  I bought some freshly milled, Arkansas grown, brown jasmine rice.
+++++++++++
After my quick stop at Argenta, I went to check out the Hillcrest Farmers Market, in front of Pulaski Heights Baptist Church on Kavanaugh.  It was hoppin.'




It was a gorgeous day.  I hope you were out supporting our local farmers, too.

-Julie
If you've missed previous spotlights on local farmers, click here to meet more.

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails