My theme for resolutions this year is keep it simple and frugal. So here are my simple kitchen resolutions for 2011:
1. Learn how to make (and start making!) my own yogurt. I might try to make it in the crock pot.
2. Grow some of my own food, especially herbs
3. Stop using paper napkins and paper towels
Here's my update for 2012:
1. I pretty much bombed with yogurt-making because I am constantly using my one crock pot for cooking chickens and stock. However, I am picking up a new crockpot this week!
2. I bought herbs but didn't get them planted soon enough--so they fried. :( I will be attempting this one again.
3. Success! We have completely eliminated paper napkins. I still keep a roll of paper towels around for emergencies, but I hardly ever use them. I found this product to be a nice substitute.