Oct 14, 2013

Probiotic Relish


Today's ferment: radishes, banana peppers, a carrot, 2 jalapeƱos, 2 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup whey (or juice from a previous ferment) and 1 T sea salt. After 3 days on my counter I will refrigerate the jar. 

Fresh, radishes are not my favorite but I absolutely love them shredded and fermented, like in this relish. My family will eat this relish on salads (potato salad included), Mexican dishes, and now soups since the season is upon us!  When you chose to eat lacto-fermented foods with your meal, be sure to add them when your food is cool enough to eat.  You don't want to cook (and kill) the probiotic power.

-Julie

Other ferments of interest, as well as the why:
radish relish (with turnips)

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails