Nov 8, 2011

Wise Traditions This Weekend

Thursday morning I'll be bustin' out of town, headed west on I-30 to Dallas, Texas.  Since I have a scholarship to the Weston A. Price Wise Traditions conference, I was asked to volunteer at least eight hours durning the conference.  Luckily I am able to do half of those hours before the conference begins.

If I can squeeze it in, I desire to blog some while there.  Otherwise, I'll be sure to share after the conference.

Several people have asked "What excites you most about going to this conference?"

Honestly, it will be staying in a hotel room (by myself!) but there are other perks.

1.  Thursday night I'm staying with a friend I haven't seen in seven years.

2. The FOOD - The conference planners go through extreme effort to offer yummy, nourishing, traditional food as a part of the conference experience.  In years' past I remember reading blogs of people who attended and it made my mouth water.  Here's the menu.  Read it and weep.  The best part?  I won't be cooking or washing any dishes.

3. The conference schedule.  It will be really hard to decide which lectures to attend.  Don't worry, I'll be sure to let you know how to download the audio after the conference.

4. Meeting other people passionate about traditional foods and sharing ideas.

Anyone else going?  I'll be working the registration table from 7-11am on Friday.  Be sure to say hello.
-Julie

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails