Dec 6, 2013

Real Hot Chocolate


It's cold y'all! After a lot of trial and error, I've come up with a hot chocolate recipe that my family loves. And, the best part, this hot chocolate is made with (mostly) natural sweeteners. 


HB's Hot Chocolate
2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips (we like Ghirardelli)
1 1/2 cups water
2/3 cup sucanat (or any type of sugar)
1/2 to 1 teaspoon real salt
4 cups whole milk
Heat chocolate and water in a sauce pan just till the chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Then, add sugar and salt, boil 3 minutes. Lower heat a bit and whisk in milk. Do not heat it to boiling or the hot chocolate will have a skin on the top. Serve with sweetened whipped cream. I sweeten my whipped cream with sucanat and a bit of vanilla. Super yum. Now, I must warn you all, this hot chocolate is not sicky sweet. My hubby and I both love sweets and we both think this hot chocolate is plenty sweet and the whipped cream really sends it over the top. 


Don't these people look happy?? Not pictured is the baby who would really love some hot chocolate, but hasn't had any yet. We like to listen to Christmas music while we drink our hot chocolate. Now go make some memories!

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails