Sep 13, 2010

Ya Ya's Euro Bistro

There are blessings and curses of eating real food.

Over the last ten years I've taken baby steps of eating better, living healthier.  Since changing my diet, I have been blessed with fewer sick days.  Most notable and praiseworthy is the fact that I got pregnant after many years of infertility; I think it is partly because of a real food diet.

Those are two blessings.

But there are curses, too.

Want me to tell you how I'm cursed?  If you're just beginning a real food journey, you'll probably want to know the dark side, the pitfalls, the curses.

Ready?

Eating out isn't fun anymore. 

No longer can I whip in a drive-through and feel good about it.  And I'm not just talking about a matter of conscience.  Usually when I eat fast food it makes me sick.  Real sick.  So sick that I'd rather go hungry than eat cheap food.

I'm cursed, y'all.

That's why I get so excited when I find a real food restaurant.  I've told you about ZaZa's, Brave New, and Opal Mae's (in Russellville).

Another real food restaurant in Little Rock that buys from local farmers is Ya Ya's Euro Bistro.  Not only is the plate presentation pleasing, the atmosphere is quaint.  Best of all, I don't get sick when I eat there. Because it is more upscale (read: not cheap) I've only eaten there a handful of times.  Everything tastes delicious!

camera phone photo
Once seated, you are served a super yummy traditional Arab dish, baba ghanoush. I've been told the secret ingredient is yogurt.

The restaurant gets bonus points from me for serving complimentary filtered water. (Another curse of mine, since drinking reverse osmosis water at home, is that I can taste the chlorine in tap water and I'm too frugal to pay for bottled water when I go out.)

When possible, Ya Ya's buys local meat and produce.  The day my husband and I had lunch there he had a chicken Caesar salad with chicken from Falling Sky Farm.  I didn't ask, but am quite sure the dressing was made at the restaurant.

My burger was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten.

The next time you're looking for a quality real food restaurant, pick Ya Ya's.

Julie

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails