Dec 25, 2010

How to Spend Your Gift Cards

If you got a gift card for Christmas, whether from Kohl's, Target, Williams and Sonoma, Amazon or elsewhere - below I've listed a few ideas of how you could use it in your real food kitchen.

immersible blender for making soups, refried beans, lacto-fermented mayonnaise, eggnog.

Nourishing Traditions - excellent book.Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats


pyrex bowls or storage containers - I love Love LOVE mine.  I use them. All. the. time.  I love that they have lids.  I love that they can be used in the oven and freezer.

a good sharp knife - I have a Global chef's knife and a Henckels paring knife.

Pampered Chef stone - I use the pizza stone and the bar pan a lot.

Cast iron skillet - like your grandma had. I've seen them at yard sales, Goodwill, and already seasoned at WalMart.

Got cash?
Use it to buy quality unrefined coconut or olive oil, or maybe even pastured meats from a local farmer.  Fermented cod liver oil is another healthy - but not so tasty option.

Let us know what you decide to buy!

-Julie

share facebook tweet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails