Apr 13, 2012

Roasting Bok Choy

If you do a quick Google search of bok choy recipes, most include stir fry.  The first time I tasted this leafy green, it was roasted and quite delicious.  My Australian neighbor (and amazing cook) roasted baby bok choy and it was divine.  

When my family moved back to Arkansas, I was thrilled to learn it would grow in my garden!  You will probably see it at the farmers markets, this spring too.

If you're not into stir fry and want to try something different, try roasting your bok choy.

After cleaning the leaves, I spread it out on a cookie tray.  Then drizzle it with olive oil or a yummy homemade oil and vinegar salad dressing and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Roast in a preheated oven at 450* for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on it.  Once the leaves wilted a bit (about 10 minutes), I spread them out a bit.
 When the leaves begin to look like the below picture, turn on the broiler for 5 more minutes to help the leaves crisp up a bit more.
My family enjoyed it this way.  It was something different.  And best of all it came from my garden!

-Julie


See also this post where I used bok choy in stir fry, and commented that the stems can be used to scoop peanut butter (like celery but no strings!)

share facebook tweet

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails