Jan 21, 2014

Hiding Nutrition in Chili

With picky eaters, sometimes it is the unfamiliar that causes them to snarl their noses.  Chili is a familiar food so use it to hide nutrition!  Previously I shared about successfully hiding roasted butternut squash.

Here are some things you can hide in chili. I've done them all except liver.  I just can't get past the taste of liver.  I've swallowed hunks whole before.

-carrots, sweet potatoes, squash
-shredded zucchini
-liver or other offal (read tips here, Lisa hides liver in hamburgers.)
-onions and garlic
-peppers (bell or banana)
-turnips or radishes
-broth if you like it soupy

I'd love to know what you would add.
-Julie
Be sure to read the follow-up post with more tips!

share facebook tweet

1 comment:

  1. I've hidden offal and bone meal before. Our little one is allergic to dairy so getting enough calcium in him is a challenge. Thanks for the reminder--I sometimes forget to "hide."

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails