Jul 7, 2010

How to Cut a Melon for a Party

A friend showed me how to do this a few years ago.  It's genius.  Everyone gets a slice and you don't spend ten years cutting it up.  It can be done for a watermelon or cantaloupe.


First you buy a melon from your farmers market.  This one came from Laughing Stock Farms.
Then you lop off both ends.  It helps to have a sharp knife.  I love my Global.
Cut it in half and lay one (big side) face down.
Cut a wedge.
Make slices all around, like the spokes of a wheel.
Put a bowl on top of the melon.  If you have a cute or fancy bowl, the melon will taste better.
Now flip.  You could do this with a cutting board or a cookie sheet.
Invite your hungry friends to join you.

share facebook tweet

1 comment:

  1. Holy crow, this is amazing! I wish I would have seen this two weeks ago for my son's pool party. What a mess cutting a watermelon made.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails